Raging Bull is another one of those “classic” movies the film-fags love. Just take a look at this quote from a professional film critic. It pretty much sums up everything the film-fags think about this movie: “An essential addition to the libraries of all true cinephiles, the film is a triumph both for De Niro and his director, Martin Scorsese.”
It’s amazing to me that these fuckers loved this piece of shit so much. It also amazes me how film-fags refer to themselves as “cinephiles,” which is one of the most pretentious -sounding things I’ve ever heard. These people probably sit around in their skinny jeans, berets and striped shirts, smoking cigarettes, eating baguettes, and talking in fake French accents about how their taste in movies runs so much deeper than that of the average person.
Unfortunately, I don’t have the capability to express in words how much this movie sucks ass. The English language doesn’t have strong enough curse words to truly convey my hatred for Raging Bull. So, I decided to illustrate my reactions to the viewing experience by showing you pictures of pugs.
1) Anticipating watching the movie.
2) Getting the DVD from Netflix.
3) Beginning the movie / first boxing scene.
4) There doesn’t seem to be a lot going on…
5) OK, this movie is slower than I had expected.
6) I’m getting bored now.
7) Super fucking bored, how much longer is this movie anyway?
8) I’ll go get a snack, that will help my boredom.
9) Still hungry, time for some potato chips.
10) Nothing’s haaappeniiing…
14) Holy shit! I woke up and realized what a fucking awful movie this is!
16) All right, now this is a good movie.
As you can see, yet another “classic” film has turned out to be a boring, bloated, overwrought turd. There must be some kind of conspiracy out there, where critics get together and label crap as “classic” and then get a good fucking laugh over how people will watch shitty movies and pretend to profess their love for them. This movie is trash, and should be avoided by all humans and pugs alike.
Of course not everyone agrees… for a counterpoint, check out “Movies that Everyone Should See: Raging Bull” at Fogs’ Movie Reviews. We released our reviews concurrently, so be sure to check it out.
Check out these other entries in the Classically Shitty series: